Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting for Spring

Ok, I am back. I know, I should have lots of pictures, but sorry, I don't. Life has been busy as usual. We are working hard at school, and David has been working ALOT still trying to get caught up from our PA visit!
I know I have been neglectful of the blog these days. Any time I spend on the computer anymore is for doing medical research, and till I am bleary-eyed from that, I don't feel much inspiration to blog. I mentioned in an earlier post about losing hair from weight loss. Well, I have moved from the losing hair, to the don't have any hair category, really. I think I can about give David a run for his money on who is the most bald anymore! (: Not quite but too close for my comfort! I have officially quarantined myself from going into the public, so good-bye world until farther notice! I thankfully have a very understanding husband who allows me this little bit of dignity! After getting blown off by my regular doctor 3 times, (it was obvious to me he was not the one going bald, cause he did not give a rip!), I decided to do a doc change. I really wanted to find a Nutritionist, but I could not find one. So, I hope I get some answers today! I have a feeling he will say that I have depleted myself of protein/nutrition by dieting too hard and that 700 calories a day doesn't cut it. I hate to find out how long it will be till I have hair again, I read that your hair grows about a 1/4 inch a month!? ):
Well, enough about me. I had intended on writing about the joys of being a mother and how I would not trade it for the world. Even if that means finding your six year old soundly sleeping in the middle of the night in a huge amount of puke. Yes, I cannot figure out how she could puke that much and not wake up. When I found her, she was contentedly sleeping with it dried on her face, in her hair and all over her side of the bed and floor! I spent an hour cleaning it up, not what I want to be doing at 1am! I asked David why it is always the Moms who are expected to clean up the disgusting messes! Like when you decide to give your little boy prune juice to get things moving in the digestive area, and not being familiar with how well that method works, allow him to drink the whole can. It was not long till he came to me and said, "I reek". Well, he did more than reek! David and I sometimes joke about trading jobs for the day to give each other a break. But that break comes for me when my little three year old throws her arms around me and tells me I am her princess and she loves me sooo much. Or when I find a little note on my mirror from my oldest thanking me for all I do and for being the best mommy. Sorry Honey, but you can keep your job at the shop, I am content just doing what I already am! (:

We had a few days of warm weather that gave us all spring fever!


Treyton playing with his favorite toys. Maybe he is going to follow in Grandpa's footsteps and be a farmer?


Spring is in the air! I think we are all anxious for winter to end! David tilled my garden on Saturday. Till he was finished, it had doubled in size! I hope it is a little self-helping, cause till school is done, I am not sure when I will be able to garden that amount!






After a hard day of playing


One change we made last week. We turned Treys room into a boys room! Also, for the first time in 8 years, my house is crib free! ( I sold it) I guess I should not say too much, when my Mom sold all her baby things, my little brother decided he wanted to join our family too!
(Treyton is now waiting for a toddler or twin bed)


Well, I guess Treyton would not mind if I did say too much, cause his new thing right now is "baby". (:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colette,
I also found my daughter laying in the same kind of "yick"! Sound asleep. When one thinks of the joys of motherhood those moments are nowhere near my thoughts!! :) And the larger garden made me laugh. That's happened in my family too. Blessings on your homeschooling. I never told you we are using the abeka dvd's also and are really pleased with them. gwenda