Saturday, February 18, 2012

Slow Down Marissa

I thought it is time for an update on how Marissa's week has been going! It has been going so much better than I expected! She has not complained of pain since the day (Tuesday) of the surgery! I gave her the codeine for the first day after, even though she kept assuring me it does not hurt. In fact, I had to keep reminding her that she has a bad boo-boo and needs to be careful and take it a little easier! The next day Thursday, I gave her no pain killer. She has since Wednesday been normal. I think the codeine did give her a slight buzz on Wednesday cause she was quite hyper. The docs had warned us that she would have a lot of pain the first couple days. At first we said that medicine sure does work, but I told David that I don't think it was the meds but all the prayers going up for her! She has adjusted to it all so well. She was always the independent, "I can do it myself" type of kid, but she willingly gave that up to let me help her get dressed and so forth since she can't. I was worried about the whole bandage thing too, cause she never wears band-aids since they are constricting, but she has not complained about her bandage either. I think she is just loving all the attention she has been getting! She has some jealous sisters who are wondering if they could somehow get some surgery too! (~:
I want to take time to thank everyone for their prayers, the notes/emails/phone calls of encouragement, and the several meals we have gotten. It has meant so much and we are so thankful for all of you. We are anxious in a worried way for Monday and Marissa's results. I will keep you informed.


Marissa was so excited about the boxes she got in the mail from Grandma and Aunt Anita Summy, and Grandma and Aunt Lynette Heisey yesterday. She is not aware of it now, (she is sleeping), but she has another box waiting for her from Aunt Sadie too that came today!








Her sisters were glad she decided to share her new toys


The week before Rissa's surgery, the kiddos and I were invited to meet a couple other Moms and their kiddos for an afternoon at the park. It was a fun time and good to just get out for awhile! (~:


Yes, that is Amber with the missing coat and bare feet. The rest of us were shivering away, but not Amber, that is just her, what more can I say!? (~:





No comments: