Sunday, February 12, 2012

Biopsy Date

Just to let you know, Marissa is scheduled for her biopsy on Tuesday at 7:20 in the morning. She has to be there an hour early, so we have to leave here at 5:20. It is going to be a long day for her!
Thanks for the prayers and emails/notes/phone calls of encouragement! It means alot to know that people are praying and thinking about us!

On a lighter note, my Aunt sent me this funny email that I could not help but share with you: "Check your shampoo bottle. I don't know WHY I did not figure this out sooner!!! It's the shampoo I use in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body and (duh), printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, 'For Extra Volume and Body'! No wonder I have been gaining weight!!! Well, I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using dawn dish soap instead. Their label reads, 'Dissolves Fat that is Otherwise Difficult to Remove'. Problem solved!!! So, if I don't answer the phone, I am probably in the shower!" All these years I thought it was from eating too much chocolate! Beings that is the ONLY kind of shampoo I use, I did not stand a chance! (~:

I know I posted this song on here a couple years ago when we were facing medical things with Amber, but I had to do it again. It is a favorite of mine. I need to share something with this song that happened this past week. On a day when I was particularly worried, and I went out in the garage to do my daily elliptical, I cranked the radio, and this song was the very first thing that came on. I figured it was just a coincidence, but the next day I went out, it happened again! Another coincidence? Maybe, but I like to believe it was a Promise and the encouragement I needed...

Casting Crowns "Praise You in the Storm"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for y'all...it can be just as hard (or harder!) on the parents as on the child.

Sandra H.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know again that we're all praying for you and sweet little Marissa.
Wish I could be there.
Lots of love and prayers.
Grandma/Mom Heisey

Life on Agape Trail said...

Thought and prayed for you all alot today... hope Marissa's pain goes away and the next week can fly by for you!!!