Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Trip to the Zoo and Changes

Well, we found out last week that our family is in for some big changes. No, it is not another baby, but I would say it is a bigger change than that would be! We are going to homeschool! I found out last week that Levi, (the one I thought was going to be driving Amber to school) was not going to our church school after all! So, that meant that all the driving was up to me. David could not quite understand why I thought that two hours of driving everyday was an unhandy thing, but when he figured how much money in gas we would have on top of tuition, he decided that we would give homeschooling a try. The homeschool price was a lot cheaper than just the gas would be! I plan to use ABeka DVD for our curriculum. It is a big and scary endeavor that is going to require some priority changes for me. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist with my house, so I will have to give a little in that area! We hope for the best with all the changes this will be and would appreciate your prayers, especially for Amber, she was disappointed to not be going to school with her friends.

This past Saturday we went to the zoo in Columbia. The kids had a blast, even Treyton. This picture was taken at the end of the day and he was HOT and tired!


Rissa wanted her own picture






I was not sure why an ugly possum was part of the petting zoo, but Rissa thought it had a cute face?




A trip to the zoo is not complete without a Carousel ride






I was a little surprised that Rissa left this goat eat out of her hands!




We left them take a train ride this time too.




The girls were thrilled to have a front row seat for the fish feeding demo






I thought this Kangaroo had the right idea!






Treyton really found the animals interesting


We had chicken wraps for supper the other night. I had heated up some casserole for Treyton thinking that he would like it better. He did not want his casserole but what everyone else had. He did a good job of handling his falling apart wrap, and he actually liked it!


Busy ladies!


The boy comes out is Treyton when he sees anything with wheels! He calls them "Room-Rooms"! This is his favorite "Room-room" book


This cute little guy lives behind my mop on the deck


2 comments:

ALPINE LEGACY BERNESE MT. DOGS said...

Best Wishes with homeschooling! I hope it goes well for you! It's a big responsibility! I'm homeschooling Travis this year with Abeka DVD also. We don't start until mid September. Their prices are very reasonable! The zoo pictures bring back happy memories with you guys at that zoo!Hope we can line up a cabin soon!:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just decided to check for an update, not expecting one with you being so busy. Well, There was one. You'll just have to learn that your house won't be "spotless" and you'll do a good job. I think you and David were wise picking the video route.
It seems the kiddos really stretched up just since you were here, especially Amber and Rissa (sorry Jenny, couldn't tell it in you as much).
Miss ya all.
Lots of love,
Mom/Grandma Heisey