Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Days of Summer

I was disappointed with myself when I realized how few pictures I had to put on here! I will try to do a better job of grabbing my camera for next time!
We had an interesting event happen last week. About the time I feel that I don't need to worry when the kids are outside playing, something happens that makes me cautious again. We had a shooting take place just up the road from our house, two guys were shot, one killed. A drug deal gone bad. The bad thing was it wasn't the drug house I had already been warned about! I guess this is why when we went to change our drivers license when we moved, a sheriff in the office says, "Pearl Lane, I know that road good". I guess I need to remember we are protected by a powerful God!

Amber is enjoying her freedom before school starts next Tuesday. I have been trying to make life low key and fun her last days home. I took them shopping and out to Pizza Hut last week. Yesterday I surprised them by taking them out for ice cream. And we hope to go to the zoo on Saturday.


Treyton's new thing is...climbing. He drags chairs around and climbs on everything. He learned the hard way the other day what pepper is. He climbed up on the kitchen table and was dumping out the pepper shaker, all the while he was sneezing away!


The other night while I was cleaning off the supper table, he climbed up and started to wash the table off!


The girls have found a new interest, playing in the woods. They play for hours in there in their 'fort'. I try not to think about the rattle snakes a neighbor lady told me she sees quite often!


I am still couponing, something I enjoy the rewards of after all my preparation. This was one of the best CVS Pharmacy trips I had. I paid $4.66 for this lot. I could have gotten it for free, but decided to save some of my "CVS Bucks" for my next trip.


No comments: