Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our Busy Life


I am finally getting to this project! Life has been a little crazy lately. We took my sister back to PA last week, so we were gone for about 5 days. Since we came back, I have been adjusting to not having her here and the kiddos miss her attention, so they have been a handful. Plus, I got into doing some reorganizing/re-arranging in the house to try and better suit fitting everyone in our small house. That ended up being a bigger project than I anticipated! I also brought back a half bushel of cucumbers, that I turned into pickles. That was a first for me, and they actually turned out!
This morning I helped David insulate the attic/crawl space above the house. I kept the machine full of insulation while he blew it in the attic. When we finished, my hair was white with the stuff, I told David he now knows what I will look like when we are old and gray!
It has been very hot. The other day Amber looked at the thermometer, it read 99*, she said, ''Wow Mommy, fall must be coming, it is not getting hot today''! It has been reading 104* every day, so I guess it was not as hot as it had been.

I love when stores change their clothing seasons, the clearance racks are a great place to hit! I only paid a couple dollars for these at Childrens, Place, my favorite store!


While in PA, we went to a demolition derby at the Fair


It was HOT and LOUD, so Treyton got sick of it pretty quick, so...


...We took them on some rides instead


Treyton's first 4 wheeler ride with Uncle Chad


Treyton likes his cousin Tirzah


Uncle Brandon was going to take Treyton on his first tractor ride, but he was not impressed! I figure the day will come when he will beg for rides! (:



While in PA, David's family helped us to can two bushels of green beans


We got everyone helping. Amber is working with her new cousin Alea. They have become quite good friends! They played very hard and also had a sleepover while we were there. Amber is missing her since we are home.






We got a total of 40 quarts


Rissa riding with Grandpa Summy


David worked at the shop a little


I could not resist this picture!! David and his Dad are balancing the fork lift while they lift a roof onto a gazebo.


Playing Memory with Lynette. We miss you Aunt Lynette!


Lynette baked us some yummy cookies. A treat we don't get very often since dieting!


Treyton thought they were good too!


Treyton was very proud of the cowboy boots he finally grew into!


Grandma Summy gave Amber a belated birthday cake to bring home


I thought this was funny, the first time Treyton got an Oreo cookie, he promptly took it apart and ate the icing out.


Another clearance rack special


My cinnamon pickle project- 14 pints

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Those pickles look delicious. I've been watching for an update, but knew that you were busy.
Miss you all!
Love,
Mom/Grandma Heisey