Monday, September 5, 2011

Adjustments

Well , I am sure y'all are wondering how the Homeschooling thing is going. It is going, but is a harder trial than I expected! The girls LOVE it, but I have not quite figured out yet how you balance your time between your school kids and the ones that are not schooling without neglecting one or the other. I can tell that Rissa and Treyton feel they have been left behind in all this, but maybe they, like me, don't adjust well to changes. I am hoping that with time, it will go a little more smoothly.
We start at 8:30 and are finished around 2:30. I think the ABeka curriculum expects a lot out of their students, which I think is why I feel overwhelmed with all they are requiring us to complete. For instance, Jenny is in K5, she is learning cursive writing this year. She never had manuscript, so I am teaching her both. We have only been at it a week, so maybe I am too quick to feel like I am not cut out for this??

They each have their own DVD player and headphones.






Amber was excited to have art class one of the first days




Jenny's K5 is made for only a half day, so I spend the afternoon working on her writing. She does not want to quit when the day is over.




Treyton has become a bit of a handful. I think he is naughty so he gets attention. But he is still a sweetie who is going through a growth spurt and is all boy!!


Friday night David surprised us by taking us out for supper and then going miniature golfing. It was the girls first time and they loved it!


After they got the idea of how to do it anyway. Rissa was quite upset at herself in the beginning that she "Can't do it''!! Her missed nap that day did not help matters!


Treyton was our little ball robber




Whatever works!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I check every morning when I come in from the barn for updates. I see that you just updated 1/2 hour ago. Well, very fresh news.
You will all eventually get adjusted. It is tough, but it will fall into a routine - eventually:)
My, Rissa, your hair is really growning. It even looks curly.
Amber and Jenny, you're growing up so fast. I hope and pray that you'll be good students for Mommy. I'm sure that you will.
Lots of LOVE,
Mom/Grandma Heisey

Staci said...

Hope you get that homeschooling thing down pat! :) Yes,you are being hard on yourself :) I'm sure your doing fine and the first week of anything can always be stressful! I'll pray for you in the coming weeks :)

Dorcasp8 said...

Bless your heart! I feel overwhelmed this year as well! I tell myself, "Give it six weeks, and you will feel like you hit your stride". I hope. The little ones certainly do extra stuff to get attention around here. Rita likes to grab pencils/scissors/papers and run. Sometimes we just quit everything and have storytime. Hope it keeps getting better. It is a good sign that they like it so much!