Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Fun with Lynette and Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow David and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary! I cannot believe that eight years have passed already. I have been blessed with the best husband, and I am thankful for him!

Our wedding day


Yes, we are still here! We have been busy, and I have not taken the time to post pictures. Sunday a week ago we met my sister in Virginia to bring her here for a visit. She had hitched a ride as far as 5 hours from here. It ended up having to be an over-night trip till we got her and got home again. We get to enjoy her company for two weeks.
We have been keeping her busy. I have taken the opportunity to tackle some projects while I have help. David and I have managed to get a date in too, and are looking forward to having the day to ourselves on our anniversary while Aunt Lynette babysits!

Going to get Aunt Lynette, Treyton got carsick and had a major throwing-up episode, but we got there!


Amber had "Luau" secret-friend party


For story time at the library this week, the Science center was there. The girls had fun seeing the different animals.
Here is the baby alligator.


A snake


Treyton took about three days to warm up to Lynette, now he LOVES having her around.


Rissa helped Aunt Lynette make brownies




Saturday David recruited our help to get some catch-up barn painting done




Treyton decided to try some of the paint


Sunday night we took the kids to the park. I took the opportunity to go on a bike ride with David while Aunt Lynette drove the kiddos in the van. It was a fun ride and my first long ride.


















Today we took the kids to the beach. We were going to go 3 hours to the ocean, but decided to stay closer to home and go the Lake which is only 1 hour away. The girls had a blast!


We had a picnic lunch




Treyton was the only one who got tired of it after a couple hours


Playing with new friends






We ALL enjoyed stopping at Dairy Queen on the way home!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Looks like you're having fun. I'm sure missing my only daughter at home, but I'm getting by. Anxious for her to come home and to see the rest of you again - even if it's just a short visit.
Lots of love!
Mom/Grandma

Staci said...

We won't argue on the whole best husband thing ;) But Happy Anniversary :)

Life on Agape Trail said...

happy anniversary! looks like you are having a great time with your sister!