Sunday, May 30, 2010

My ''Ducklings"

Treyton had his first shots this past week. Jenny and Rissa having had theirs the week before, were flinching for him.
I have not ventured out much by myself with all the kids yet, but my girls, like me, were in the shopping mood. After the doctor, I planned to make a couple stops, including the old faithfuls, Wal-Mart and McDonald's. What could have been a quick trip ended up taking all day. Till I load and unload my brood, take time for bottle feedings, diaper changes and potty breaks, time slips away!
I promise you everywhere I go, at least one person says,"My it looks like you have your hands full"! I don't look at four kids as being a lot, and they are not bad, so I came to the conclusion it must be because I have four ages five and under!? Even the young guy running the register at Old Navy asked if I have my hands full. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Amber and Jenny had wandered over to the very real-to life looking mannequin family modeling swim-wear and Amber was patting the mom's rump to see if maybe she really would move and Jenny was lovingly holding the hand of the little boy. Whatever the case may be, my suspicions that I am always told that because of how close in age my kids are was confirmed at a stop I made for David. The man offered to carry the item out since I ''have my hands full enough" and as we walked out across the parking lot, him at the end of the line, he says,"for some reason the term 'mother duck' wants to come to mind"! I found that pretty amusing, it probably does look that way with them all trailing along!
Oh well, we made it back home at supper time. The girls happy they got to go shopping and me proud of my bargains and my little ducklings! (:

Treyton giving one of his big smiles



The girls playing their new fishing game

Treyton is starting to enjoy his toys, he bats around at them, but doesn't grab them yet.

The fruits of our labor;

Yummy!!



Here is a little clip of Treyton in action. He of course did not 'talk' as much once I started to record.

1 comment:

Dorcas said...

I LOVE the mother duck story! Don't let the comments intimidate you... Your little tribe is a light to the world!