Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring at Our House

Spring has sprung at our house and with it the sudden desire to purge our house of any unnecessary "stuff". (Goodwill likes me these days, maybe).That has resulted in digging in the back corners of closets, painting closets that we didn't take time to do before-so they still had that awful smoke smell (even after 3 years!). This digging has then resulted in hours spent selling stuff on Ebay and re-organizing and more re-organizing. But I am pleased with the results. I have not done more than think of the spring-cleaning the house part, but that is next on the list!
Along with this spring time, garden work has begun. We planted three very long rows of more than we will EVER use potatoes (see below!), onions, broccoli and cauliflower. I have not gotten my hands on pea seed yet, but that is on the list too. You cannot as readily find regular 'English' peas since the 'Southern' peas are more popular. I like them, but David doesn't. They are more like a bean in my opinion. I had some very willing to get in the dirt helpers.


Marissa is doing well. She very unhappily and quite loudly got her stitches removed on Monday. David did not go along, so I was glad the doc had a nurse help hold her still instead of me. It was more the idea of someone messing with her finger, than actually any pain that caused her reaction.
Here she is nervously waiting for the doc.


If you think her finger looks gross here, you should see it now! Her nail is still on, but since it is not attached, it has turned black. It is either going to fall off, or grow off as her new one pushes out.


Rissa and her so very nice doc that she does really like, Mirsad, (I won't even attempt to spell his last name!)
The banana Rissa is holding was a peace offering gift he gave her from his own lunch after he was done doing stitches. He surprised me when he said he does not have to see us in six weeks as he originally said, but in three months.


I just love seeing my kids get along! It is something I think they don't do enough of! Is that normal??
They like to play "Library Lady". (~:


2 comments:

Life on Agape Trail said...

I'm sure you are glad the stitches are out now.. You are brave for going alone... and it looks like you had all your kiddos along too?? WOW!! :) And yay for not going back for another 3 months!!

I hope you have a bountiful garden harvest this year!! :)

ALPINE LEGACY BERNESE MT. DOGS said...

So glad to hear that Marissa is healing and everything seems to be okay!
Its too cold up here yet to plant garden, but I'm sure looking forward to it! Enjoy your spring weather! Miss you guys!