Thursday, September 15, 2011

School Days

Well, I figured it is about time for another update! We are in our third week of school now, and I must admit it has been the best one so far. I think we are all adjusting to the new schedule and the girls are familiar with the DVD school layout and what they are expected to do. Because of that, I don' feel like I have to constantly be hovering over their shoulders making sure they are ''getting it''. They still are enjoying school, and I hope it stays that way! Treyton still struggles, but even he has improved. I try to give him ''Mommy time'' while the girls are watching one of their subjects. Rissa usually colors or does a puzzle at the kitchen table, so I try to help her with that in between helping Jenny. The girls swamp David every evening, proudly showing him all their papers from that day. I have actually gotten most of my early fall cleaning done this week, (even if it means dusting the house at 6:30 in the morning!) I really enjoy the part of having the girls home with me rather than sending them off to school every day!

Story time started at the library this past week. This is a project they made there.


Jenny's DVD classmates had show and tell. Amber wanted to see it too. (:


Trying to keep Treyton busy; it did not last very long though!


We started by having both girls doing school at the kitchen table. We since then have gotten them individual desks and separated them. That works really good. Amber is independent enough that she can work on her own. She is not far from where I am with Jenny, so I can hear if she is participating with her "class".


Jenny had fun making her new letters with play dough.


One of the rare occasions where they are playing nicely together!


We had a stray dog show up last week. I was NOT at all into having a flea-infested dog around! I called animal control to come get it. They never came and in the meantime we all got attached to the very friendly cute thing. David and I gave it a very thorough bath in Dawn dish soap, and it appears that all the fleas are gone! (the soap killed them fleas on contact! One of those internet search remedies)
He does not have a name yet, but he has made himself right at home, and the kiddos are delighted to have him, (me too!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
What a cute addition to your family. Boy, I miss you all. I'll have to work on Grandpa to make a trip south sometime this fall.
Glad to hear that life is settling into a routine now. Glad that your students cooperate.
Lots of LOVE!
Mom/Grandma Heisey

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Oh, to think what we were doing last week at this time. We sure were glad to give you a kinda surprise visit. Glad that Amber finally caught her lizard. I pitied her just ending up with a tail all the time.
Lots of love,
Grandma Heisey