Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer is Here

I am sure you Grandma's have been wondering if I am ever gonna post some new pictures, well here a few! Sorry you had to wait so long!
The last couple weeks have been busy. Amber and Jenny had their first ever week of vacation Bible School all last week. They had fun going each night with their friend Issac. They are already talking about Bible School for next summer!
I am going to do a little bragging here. There are some days when things just seem to go exactly how I don't want them to, kids act like they never received training, I have a headache, and I just cannot get done what I want. Then there are times where your kids just make you so proud of them, that you wonder how you could have been grouchy at them the day before. Well, I mentioned awhile ago about doing the 'coupon thing'. As I feared it is not only time consuming (I usually figure 2 hours of pre-shopping trip preparation), but it makes for many store stops in town. I go once a week in the evening and let the kids with David (the girls each take a turn getting to go with me). My 'coupon stops' are 2 pharmacy and 3 grocery stores. Well,, last week David worked late every night, so I had to go through the day with all the kids. I had all my coupon stops and 3 extra stops, so I was dreading it to say the least. Don't ya know, those kids never complained, and had perfect behavior! I was so proud , I tried to tell them, but I don't think they quite realized how much it meant to me, they were just glad for the ice cream I rewarded them with at McDonalds! (: Then, the next day I found a little note on my dresser from Amber, it said, " Dear Mommy, I love you very much, you are the best. I am glad I am your daughter". It was so sweet and was also a reminder of why I love having the best job in the world, being a mommy!

Treyton has started to show some of the 'little boy' behavior I have been warned of, he can be quite a handful sometimes! But he is still so sweet!


The girls have been doing a lot of swimming, Treyton likes to watch them.


The girls love to draw pictures


Amber has become quite the bookworm


Weekly summer story-time has started at the library. The girls really enjoy that. We take their friend Issac along with us, which makes it even more fun.




We got the sprinkler out the other night to help cool the kids off





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This grandma has been checking every day, several times a day for an update. I know that you're busy, so I understand, I just relook at the pictures that are there. Love you all and miss you all very much.
Hugs and kisses,
Grandma Heisey