Friday, June 24, 2011

Father's Day and a Trip to the Beach

We made Father's Day a weekend long celebration here. David had to work most the day on Saturday, unfortunately, but we started out the weekend with brunch and then gift opening time. We gave him 3 very much needed Sunday shirts and a gift card to Applebees. (I had used credit card points to get the gift card, so combined with a good coupon, we ALL ate for FREE). We went out for supper on Saturday night.
On Sunday we decided to surprise the girls and go to the Beach. Rissa has been praying that ''she could soon go to the beach'', so we decided to answer that prayer. (Jenny is also praying that ''Mommy would have a baby'',but I think she will have to wait for her answer!! ) (:
It was a fun weekend. David is a wonderful husband and Father and I am so thankful for him! I am also thankful for my Dad and for my Father-in-law. They are both a blessing to me, and are both super Grandpa's!

We LOVE Daddy!!


Gift time


The kids loved the beach. Treyton even seemed to have fun till he got tired of being sand covered, including in his mouth.
It was a very windy day, so it did not feel too hot.










Jenny found this star fish on the beach


Treyton was determined to catch himself a seagull


Catching waves


Amber and Jenny wanted to surprise Daddy and clean out his truck


We have a Wren couple that built a nest in my one hanging basket, of course they had to pick the nicest one. My first instinct was to remove it, but I decided it would be a fun experience for the girls, who are now anxiously waiting for the baby birds.

No comments: