Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I love this time of year! The leaves are beautiful this year, it is 80* outside and everyone around is in the cheerful 'Christmas Spirit' mode!
I am thankful for the wonderful husband and children I have been blessed with! I am also thankful for our wonderful families! I am thankful for a great church that is filled with wonderful Christian friends. I am also thankful for eternal life with the promise of a home in heaven!
The other day I had a funny experience that made me thankful for my guardian angel! On the way to school the other morning, Levi, (the guy I car pull with) was digging in his back pack that was on the van floor. All of a sudden he kind of yelled and flew back in his seat. Out of the corner of my eye, I seen a huge black thing flying right towards me. Of course it had to land on my shoulder! Now, I HATE bugs, so of course I reacted, especially since it was the biggest bug I ever had on my person! After a few very desperate swipes, I flung it back at Levi who stomped on it. I then realized I was not holding on to the steering wheel, but the van was somehow going straight and on the right side of the road! It ended up that the bug was a 3 inch cockroach. It was funny after it was over, but I could not help but think how not smart I handled the whole thing and we could have ended up in a ditch, or worse!

If you remember a few post back, I had a picture of David working on the shower pipes, where he had to remove kitchen cabinets and make a hole in the wall. Well, my sweet Honey got a brainstorm that a dishwasher could fit in there. He worked very hard, and managed to get one in. I am so thankful for the luxury of having my dishes getting washed on their own. I cannot believe the time it saves!
Treyton likes to 'help'.


Best friends


The JC Penney Christmas toy catalog came the other day. My girls spend a lot of time drooling over the 'cool toys' in it!


Amber lost her first tooth the other day!


An art project


Enjoying warm weather!


David borrowed a tractor and worked up our whole back yard.



Here is a song for Thanksgiving, and for the coming Christmas season. ( you will have to wait for the blog background music to finish before you can view this video)

No comments: